Linkwood Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Rare and selected Linkwood Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky

The Distillery Linkwood was probably founded in the Speyside near the town of Elgin around 1825 by Peter Brown. With her he wanted to increase the productivity of its managed lands of Seafield Estates. 1871 was completely rebuilt by his son, William Brown, and 1897, the plant was again expanded. From 1897 to 1933, she was held under Linkwood-Glenlivet Distillery Co Ltd .. In 1933, the distillery by Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. adopted. During the Second World War rested the production until 1945 was re-opened under Roderick MacKenzie. 1962 Renovation and remodeling and replacement of the stills was carried out. Here, the in-house steam engine was shut down and connected the production to the electrical grid. In 1971 the distillery by the construction of a Still Houses (Linkwood B) has been extended with four stills. Between 1985 and 1990, the old distillery (Linkwood A) was closed. 1992 Linkwood was then sold to the current owner United Distillers and Vintners and thus to Diageo. Almost the entire whisky production of Linkwood is used for blends of Bells, White Horse and Johnnie Walker, there are only a few single malt bottlings from Linkwood on the market.

Show 1 to 5 (from a total of 5 products)