Glenburgie Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Rare and selected Glenburgie Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Glenburgie located in Speyside, between the resorts Forrs and Elgin and not very far from the mouth of the Findhorn river. The Glenburgie distillery was founded in 1810 as Kinflat Distillery of Willam Paul. Officially, the production of the distillery began 1829. 1870 Kinflat was closed. In 1878 she opened under the name again Glenburgie-Glenlivet and Charles Hay is the licensee. 1884 distiller to Alexander Fraser and Co. was sold. When in 1925 went into bankruptcy, Donald Mustad took charge at Glenburgie. In 1927 she was by James and George Stodart Ltd. acquired, the production was stopped at this time. 1930 bought Hiram Walker 60% of the shares and in October 1936 the remaining 40%. In 1958 the distillery was renovated. Two Lomond stills that were previously at Inverleven in use were installed and the therefrom produced single malt was sold under the name Glencraig. The malthouse were closed. 1981 Lomond stills were replaced by conventional stills. 1987 was acquired Hiram Walker by Allied Lyons. From 2004 to June 2005 Glenburgie for 4.3 million GBP was completely renovated. Since then, the distillery when it comes to technology, state-of-the-art and the entire production process can be performed by a person by the simple pressing of keys. 2006, production capacity has been increased by the construction of another alembic pair by 50%. The water belonging to the Speyside distillery comes from local sources close to the distillery. Glenburgie today is mainly part of the known blends Ballantines and Teachers. As original bottling came in 2002 out a 15 year old single malt in the Special Distillery bottlings series of Allied. Since Glenburgie is mainly operated for the supply to blends, there are very few single malts as original or license bottlings from this distillery and these are among the rarities on the market.

Show 1 to 6 (from a total of 6 products)